Skip to Content
chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies

Discovering the presence of toxic mold would send most homeowners into a state of panic. However, if it is caught and addressed early on, a mold infestation can be easily remedied. Here are some signs to help you determine if your home infested with toxic mold.

You’re constantly coughing

Toxic mold, or black mold, can cause respiratory-related problems. If you suspect toxic mold is present in your home you are experiencing symptoms such as a chronic cough, constant congestion or shortness of breath, you should have your home inspected.

The walls and ceilings are discolored

If you are noticing some discoloration around the structure of your home – particularly black, brown, green, or orange – it may not just be dirt or soot. If you visibly see mold growing, no matter the color or size, it should be addressed immediately.

There’s a “musty” smell that just won’t go away

Mold has an earthy, pungent, and rather unpleasant smell. If you cannot see any mold in a room that smells this way, a mold assessment consultant may have to search beyond the wallpaper, plaster, etc. If there is a confirmed presence of mold, it is crucial to seek help from a mold restoration company in Houston, TX.

wall corner discolored by water and mold

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *